To help us all stay plant-strong, sugar-free & gluten-free while we celebrate the ones we love, here are some Valentine's Day-friendly dessert recipes I've sampled from the blogosphere!
What are YOU doing for Valentine's Day this year? Any special recipes you want to share?!:-)
ALL RECIPES ARE VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
Completely Sugar-Free Recipes:
- Chocolate Chia Pudding by Susan Voisin from the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- Ambrosia by Susan Voisin from the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- The Healthy Librarian's "No-Fat Pina Colada Dessert" (scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe)
- Healthy Girl's Kitchen's post on "Rip's Dessert ideas": "The Unnamed Dessert" (that features dates--YUM) and "Avocado & Raspberry Pie" (sounds bizarre but Wendy insists avocado & chocolate combos are good & I trust her judgement!)
- The Vegan Epicurean's Strawberry & Banana Sorbet
One of my favorite gluten-free, sugar-free bloggers Amy Green of "Simply Sugar & Gluten Free" is having a baby and a bunch of the bloggers in the gluten-free, refined sugar-free community are having a virtual baby shower for her! The result is some awesome recipes (most use coconut sugar)--I've tried to pick out a few of the Vegan ones!
- She Let Them Eat Cake Blog's Gluten-Free & Vegan Gingersnaps
- Cook It Allergy Free Blog's Gluten-free Apple Streusel with Maple Cinnamon Glaze (obviously the Maple part has Maple Syrup in it so if you eat that, this recipe is for you!)
- And since I mentioned Amy--here is one of her recipes: Raw Date Truffles
If you eat agave nectar:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing
- ICE CREAM: The Golubka blog has recipes for Vanilla Ice Cream, Rose Ice Cream, Pomegranate Sorbet and something called a "Rose Petal Mille-Feuille" which sounds very fancy and looks delicious!! All are made with coconut as the base.
Happy Heart Day to You & Yours! :-))
The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Happy Rehab Doc expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site. By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.