Wednesday, November 23, 2011

RECIPES: Thanksgiving Ideas for Plant-Based Folks Like Me!

Ok so if you are like me and are JUST starting to figure out what you are going to bring to Thanksgiving Dinner than this post is for YOU!!  I"m going to come back to my medical series after the holiday but for now its time for a favorite topic for a Compulsive Overeater like me....FOOODDDD!!!!:-)  Its nice to be able to laugh about that now :-)


This is going to be my first Vegan Thanksgiving--and now that I think of it, it will be my first Thanksgiving being Gluten & Sugar Free too!! Ack!!  So in this post, I've turned to other bloggers to get some much-needed advice and ideas on what I can eat/bring to the family table!


Totally Vegan:





The Fat-Free Vegan's Thanksgiving Meatless Loaf  (a bunch of other bloggers are raving about this too!)


New York Times: A Thanksgiving Feast, No Turkeys Allowed!


New York Times: Well's Vegetarian Thanksgiving


Vegan & GLUTEN & SUGAR FREE!!


Vegan Pumpkin Bread (this recipe is from one of my favorite bloggers (Amy Green) that I've been following ever since I became sugar-free and gluten-free last spring!!  Her baking recipes are just amazing.  Check it out:  Simply Sugar and Gluten Free!)


Vegan Peanut-Butter Cups!  (Ok we really don't keep peanut butter in the house anymore but maybe for a holiday....:-))


Ok and now what I'm certain I'm bringing:

1) Ann Esselstyn's Artichoke & Spring Onion Dip (from Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn (Amazon link) with my favorite non-oil, gluten-free, vegan crackers:  "Mary's Gone Crackers" Mary's Gone Crackers!!!
2)  Herbivore's Brownies!! (made out of black beans!!  I'll let you know how they turn out!)

....The rest....we'll just see!!! 

Next time:  Tip #6:  Know the Role That Each Person Plays In The Hospital Team ((Who ARE These Different People Taking Care of You & What DO They Do??!!))


Coming Up AFTER Thanksgiving:
  • SuperImmunity Foods for KIDS (Calling All PARENTS!)
  • RECIPES & Ideas: Snacks!  YUMMY & Portable Plant-Based Snack Food--all sugar-free, gluten-free & without adding oil or fat!!
The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.  Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Happy Rehab Doc expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site.  By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...