Monday, November 21, 2011

MONDAY MEDITATIONS FOR HEALING: A Commitment to Self for Caregivers & "My Symphony"

Good morning!  I've decided to start a new tradition on the blog of posting "Meditations for Healing" every Monday morning.  I wanted to share these meditations because taking a few moments to myself for reflection everyday helps me maintain my sanity! Maybe by sharing these meditations with you all it will help me follow through on my commitments to healing myself!!


These Monday Meditations for Healing will include a "commitment to self" for caregivers (whether you are a health care provider or a family member caring for a loved one!) &  an inspirational quote to reflect on for the week.


A Commitment to Self for Caregivers:
This week I will try to find 15 minutes of quiet time everyday.  I will sit alone, breath deeply & relax in the stillness of not having to do anything for anybody but myself for just one moment.  


Today's Quote (a favorite of my Mom's):


"To live content with small means; 
to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; 
to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; 
to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; 
to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; 
to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never. 
In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common. 

This is to be my Symphony." 

  1. ~William Henry Channing

I hope you have a WONDERFUL week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...