Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nearly 100 lbs LOST: "Before" and "After" Photos

A nearly 100lb weight loss & counting--Here I am, for all the world to see! (cool note I just noticed--in my after pic--taken 3 weeks ago, the pants are actually too big for me!:-) I will post more photos later down the road!)

Four Years Ago at 268lbs & Now 


On this blog I will share with you what I've learned to reach this point. It seems to work one day at a time when I continue my 12 step compulsive eating recovery program!  

Next time: What do I eat?? Anti-inflammatory, Vegan, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Oil-free....and yet, YUMMY!

Coming Up:

  • The Plan for the Blog:  Using Food to Heal Can Change Your Life
  • Recipes:  Soups Galore: Butternut Squash Soup, Split Pea Soup and Lentil-Barley Soup
  • PAIN: How to Treat Everything from Arthritis to Muscle Strain to Fibromyalgia With Food
  • RECIPES: APPLESAUCE(Sugar-Free!)
The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.  Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Happy Rehab Doc expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site.  By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.


Some Excellent Resources I Love:

A great movie I can recommend that captures the power of the plant-based diet:
Forks Over Knives
Some other great resources

10 comments:

  1. You look like your mom in the after pic I know my mema always stayed thin and healthy she always tried to make us eat healthy ( I'm glad now) she did eat a lot of junk food too but she was always so good @ portion control

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! Thats a fantastic compliment--I don't think my Mom has changed more than five pounds in each direction over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed you look wonderful and any friend of Tracee is a friend of mine nurse from Mercy's OR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anonymous!!! Hope you keep coming back and commenting!:-) Us healthcare folks need to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a transformation. You are quite the inspiration. Congratulations.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Ali! I owe my life to OA--without that program, there is no way I could recover. I did the footwork, but I needed the guidance desperately! Its wonderful living in the body I live in today--such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an inspiration!! I've eaten healthy before but slowly slipped back to my old "bad habits" with food. I have forgotten how good it feels to eat healthy! I have tremendous energy right now and am down 7 lbs. since Thanksgiving!! I am starting to explore this vegan thing a little closer too - I'm excited about making new discoveries and I thank you that your blog is leading the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your wonderful blog!! You are at the top of my Gratitude list this week! So much info that is excellent. I am just beginning this journey and your blog posts have really helped me stay focused. Such clarity and honesty. Hope your 2012 is your best year yet. Thanks for being here. .......Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anonymous--Thank you!! Congrats on the weight loss and even more importantly the newfound energy and good feelings!! Keep coming back!

    @Sandi--Wow! That is the sweetest thing! I don't know if I've ever been on a Gratitude list before but it really makes me feel special! Thank you!! I'm so glad the information I post is helpful--I'm excited for 2012 and what new things I'll get to learn! Wishing you a wonderful New Year as well! :-) Keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the weight loss! You are an inspiration! I know the challenges of obesity and yo-yo weight loss. About 10 years ago, I weighed around 250 lbs (I never checked to see exactly how much), now I'm at around 160. I stayed between 185 and 200 for several years (I lost it on the Zone diet) and recently lost some more due to an illness (trigeminal neuralgia). When it hurts to eat, it's not too hard to lose it! It also comes back on VERY easily! I'm actually working on changing my diet to be more whole foods and little to no processed food, no refined sugar, little to no gluten. I'm hoping that along with cleanses and mind changes will make the pain go away. I'm recognizing that when I cheat, my emotions go crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...