Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude...:-) Happy American Thanksgiving!!

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "Thank you," that would suffice." ~Meister Eckhart


Today and everyday I'm reminded of the unbelievable multitude of blessings in my life.


I've learned through OA that there is nothing like a gratitude list to take me away from my own self-obsession (whether it is self-critique, self pity or self righteousness) and turn my thoughts to others.....Funny thing. Finding the things to be grateful for makes it pretty hard for negative thoughts to creep into my head!!  Sharing my gratitude list with the people I'm grateful for is even more powerful!


Today I think I'll make a commitment for the next year: Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving to list five things that I am grateful for EVERY day:-). Then I'm going to pick one or two of the people on that list and tell them the next day why they were on the list and what they've brought to my life.


Why don't you join me this year and commit to finding five things to be grateful for everyday? Then have the courage to share your feelings with someone on that list?


An attitude of gratitude might just change everything....if you don't believe me check out this NY Times ArticleOr check out one of my favorite bloggers, The Healthy Librarian's take on the subject!


This might be our best year yet!!:-)  Thank you one and all!!


And to my wonderful husband, the Happy Nurse, in case I haven't told you enough: EVERY single day I am SO grateful for the blessing of having you in my life and being your wife:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...