Monday, December 12, 2011

MONDAY MEDITATIONS FOR HEALING: A Commitment to Self for Caregivers & Choosing Not to "Overgive":-)

Good Morning!  
Here is today's meditation to inspire your spirit to self-healing this week! This meditation is a personal favorite. Have a WONDERFUL week!


Today's Quote 

"No matter how much we have materially, we are often in a place of scarcity:  we never think we have enough or that we're good enough.  Instead of getting loss in a sense of lack, once we realize we are part of something bigger, it becomes clear we have many gifts to offer the world."
BUT
"When you are overgiving, you are not living in abundance, but in scarcity.  When you give from a place of service, honesty, and fullness, you are left feeling revitalized.  When you give from a place of responsibility & obligation, you negate the gift and nothing changes.  You may in fact be left feeling resentful and drained.  
What lack are you trying to fill in yourself by overgiving?"

~Mbali Creazzo from "29 Gifts" by Cami Walker

A Commitment to Self for Caregivers 
(whether you are a healthcare provider or a family member caring for a loved one):

This week I will make a commitment to find my own limits.  
I will choose to not "overgive."  

When I find myself feeling resentful and drained I will step away from the situation as soon as I am able and ask myself--Do I really NEED to do this?  Or Am I Overgiving?  

If the answer is that I'm overgiving, the challenge is to stop and do no more.

I commit to only giving from a place of service, honesty and fullness.  

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you for this wonderful meditation. I have an obligation that I am currently evaluating and this reading will be part of how I approach my decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a verse in Matthew that says, "Let your yes be yes and your no be no." So true about your service being negated when you do it out of obligation. I used to never be able to say no and then I read a book called, "Boundaries" by Cloud and Townsend and it changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read this somewhere else on the net and I'm really happy that you also shared it. I need continual reminders of some of these things in order to really "get" them, no matter how true they are. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Jane! I tend to share things that I need to hear too! :-) We all face those obligations & decisions so I'm glad this quote will help! Mbali Creazzo is so wise in Cami Walker's book.

    Christy--I LOVE that book! Cloud & Townsend's "Boundaries" was one of the first books my husband gave me--he saw me exhausted all the time trying to "people-please" and ignoring my own needs and wanted to help. Such an inspiring book:-) Really made a difference for me. I'm much much better at saying "no" now too :-)

    Wendy--Thank you!! I love your blog as you know so it is awesome to have you comment on mine! Thanks! :-) So happy to hear others on the net are sharing this! I also need continual reminders (including reminders from myself to myself, hehe) and when I was re-reading "29 Gifts" last week these two paragraphs just jumped out at me. :-)

    Hope everyone has a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...