Friday, December 16, 2011

Practical Stuff: Kitchen Appliances That I LOVE!! (Gift Ideas?!)

Ok!  so as promised here are the kitchen appliances that I just can't live without now that I've started down this Esselstyn/ Vegan Road! 

Three Kitchen Appliances I Love:
I've never cooked so much in my life so these little machines really make a HUGE difference time-wise for me AND my husband (The Happy Nurse).  The Happy Nurse is actually the one who advocated for us getting the rice cooker AND the 3-in-1 Slow Cooker awesomeness!  Of COURSE the appliances he recommended turn out to be the most helpful items of all! And he says he isn't a good cook--HA!  Sure he isn't....Mr. Expert on Kitchen Equiment!:-)

First we have the "Aroma" Rice Cooker.  It was $35 on Amazon and pretty much the best tool for us in the kitchen until the 3-in-1 Slow Cooker came along and nudged it out of the top spot!  The reason why this rice cooker is amazing is because basically it enables us to cook without being in the kitchen.  You fill it up with a grain and water.  Then you push the butten: "Cook" and leave it alone!  The cooker determines the cook time & off it goes--then it "dings" when its done! I love this thing AND love that it was cheap!  It cooks quinoa and all sorts of grains (including rice of course) perfectly!   I have to admit that I was a rice burner prior to using this (mostly because I would get distracted and forget to pull the pot off the stove at a certain point!) No longer!

Next we have the 3-in-1 Slow Cooker!  This was an incredible find of my husbands at Walmart one day.  Only $36 and is AMAZING!  We can cook three different soups/stews AT THE SAME TIME! (in this picture we have Barley Soup, 12 Bean Soup and Aztec Corn Soup!) You can set each pot to low/high/off.  This is our favorite kitchen appliance.  Love love love! 

My Cuisinart Food Processor! I have one because my Mom has had one since before I was born (she used it to make us homemade baby food!) and I have this particular model because my wonderful stepsister (a total foodie & kitchen expert & blogger for that matter) helped me figure out what to buy!  I love this thing--nothing like a food processor to make things easier!  Its the most expensive of my kitchen tools (it was painful to shell out the $135 it cost even though it was on sale at Amazon) but it really has been worth the investment.  I have the Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9-Cup Food Processor in Brushed Stainless. It was top-rated in Consumer Reports & I can see why!  

Coming Up:
  • BOOK REVIEW:  "29 Gifts!"
  • Best of the Blogsphere for THIS week!
  • What the Happy Nurse & I are Making for Christmas Dinner (x 2 houses!)
NEXT WEEK from December 19-December 25th: 
  • ITS THE HOLIDAY HAPPINESS MARATHON!!!  Doctors, Nurses & Patients Share Special Medical Moments That Will Warm Your Heart During the Holiday Chaos!
Coming Up After the Holidays:
  • SuperImmunity for Kids ~Part 2~!
  • Medical System TuesdayTip #10 For The Best Hospital Care:  Try Not to Be Alone! ~ Insider Tips on How to Get the BEST Medical Care in the Hospital ~
  • Treating Pain with Food--more thoughts
The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.  Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Happy Rehab Doc expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site.  By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...