Thursday, December 22, 2011

Evening Meditation for Self-Healing ~ Finish Each Day and Be Done with It~

I hope that you are all enjoying the Holiday Marathon!  I've been feeling so blessed that these folks have taken the time to share such special, private moments with all of us.  Very grateful!  I actually have a lot more stories than I have time to edit!!  Thats what a crazy work week plus the holiday does for you!  


So I've got a little end of the day meditation to share with you.  It is posted on my bulletin board above my home office desk so every night if I need to I can read it.  As I read, I take a deep breath and as I blow out I release all the tension in my body.  I shut out the negative self-tapes--the voices telling me that I'm not good enough, that I didn't do enough or that I wish I'd done something differently.  


Instead I replace those voices with the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson:


"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities have crept in; 
forget them as soon as you can.

Tomorrow is a new day; 
you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense!"

Wishing you all a pleasant night's rest that restores you.  
The Holiday Happiness Marathon will continue in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...