Monday, December 26, 2011

MONDAY MEDITATIONS FOR HEALING: A Commitment to Self for Caregivers & Choosing Serenity

Good Morning!  
Here is today's meditation to inspire your spirit to self-healing this week!  
Have a WONDERFUL week!

Today's Quote 

Peace: 

It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.

 It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

~Unknown (but on my favorite coffee mug :-))

A Commitment to Self for Caregivers 
(whether you are a healthcare provider or a family member caring for a loved one):

This week I will remind myself that I cannot control the behavior of those around me. 

I will remember however that no matter how THEY behave or what situation I am in, I always have a choice with MY behavior:  

Will I choose to reach into myself to find serenity & let the chaos flow around me (but not in me)?  Or will I jump into the chaos and add my own fuel to the fire?  

Let me be willing to choose serenity this week.

3 comments:

  1. I love the monday meditations for healing!
    Still thinking about the last one.
    Have a good week!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the Thursday evening medition I am thinking about(you got in an extra one last week): Emersons wise words.

    Cannot thank you enough for taking the time for this blog in your hectic life.
    Don't know how you manage!

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Silvia, thanks Anonymous!!! The Monday Meditations (and that Thursday one thrown in :-)))) really help me stay centered in the hectic life you mention Anonymous!! I really enjoy doing this blog--I have to write ahead as much as possible, and sometimes it really is difficult to keep up with it (last week for example!) but it makes me feel so good to be of service and to "meet" people like all of you!! Have a fantastic week!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...