|The Healthy Librarian's version of Robin Robertson's|
Sweet Potato-Spinach-Roasted Tomato-Peanut Soup
Anyways, thanks to a four day weekend I've had some time to plan to do a little cooking! This is pretty much the FIRST Thankgiving in YEARS that I haven't been working!!! Hooray!! Of course my hubby, the Happy Nurse, did work Thanksgiving but he has this weekend off too so yay!! And, best news ever, my family member is out of the hospital and tucked in at home in good health & spirits :-)
So this week we'll be eating (and I'm planning for us to cook enough for the next 2-3 weeks so thats why there is a multitude!):
| Barley Soup, TJ's 17 Bean & Barley Soup & Aztec Corn Soup|
in our NEW 3-in-1 Slow Cooker!!
Soups [all freeze well, and with our NEW 3-in-1 slow cooker (only $35 at Walmart!), SO easy to make multiple soups at the same time!!]
1) The Healthy Librarian's version of Robin Robertson's Sweet Potato, Spinach, Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, and a Bit of Peanut Butter Soup
2) The Happy Herbivore's Aztec Corn Soup from The Happy Herbivore Cookbook
3) 17 Bean & Barley Soup with dried beans mix from Trader Joe's (Recipe on the package & on a website I found via Google!)
4) Barley Soup (my own basic recipe--vegetable broth, barley, garlic, oregano, basil, salt & pepper)
Sandwich fillers & Sandwiches:
1) Curried Bean Dip from Susan O'Brien's Cookbook: The Gluten-Free Vegan
2) Artichoke-Bean Dip from Ann Esselstyn (Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease)
3) Kale & Lemon Sandwiches by Ann Esselstyn on The Healthy Librarian
1) Enlighted Big Vegn's Creamy Triple Mushroom Fettucine (without the gluten Seitan)
2) Steak & Pepper Fajitas (The Happy Herbivore Cookbook)
3) Tempeh Joes (The Happy Herbivore Cookbook)
4) Hawaiian Chickpea Teriyaki (The Happy Herbivore Cookbook)
5) Portobello Steaks (The Happy Herbivore Cookbook)
1) Mashed Potatoes (potatoes, oak milk, salt & pepper)
2) Frozen veggies (Thank You Trader Joes)!
Coming Up THIS WEEK:
- SuperImmunity Foods for KIDS (Calling All PARENTS!)
- RECIPES & Ideas: Snacks! YUMMY & Portable Plant-Based Snack Food--all sugar-free, gluten-free & without adding oil or fat!!
The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Happy Rehab Doc expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site. By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.
Next Time on Medical System Tuesdays (new feature on the blog):
- Tip #7: Know Your Doctors: A Short Guide to Hierarchy! ~ More Insider Tips on How to Get the BEST Medical Care in the Hospital ~