Thursday, March 8, 2012

What are YOU Thankful for Today?! Join Thankful Thursdays!!!:-)

Last week we started doing group gratitude lists on the Happy Rehab Doc Facebook page! It was so much fun that I thought--why not create a group gratitude list on the blog on Thursdays?! Why Thursdays? One of my readers on Facebook (Mac) came up with the excellent alliterative title!

Gratitude lists play a major role in my life. Let's face it, it's difficult for me to play the self-pity party game when I am listing off all the things I'm grateful for!! Interestingly enough, science has shown that an attitude of gratitude is healing for body and mind! So if you want to feel happier, calmer and healthier--start making a list of things you are thankful for!!

Today I'm grateful for so many things--a conference I'm at that is making me a better doctor, a husband who is so loving and kind, the sunshine of Texas (where I am now) that is helping me pretend winter is over!! I could go on and on!

Why don't you join me? Start listing now! What are you thankful for? Leave a comment on this post to share your thankfulness with our blog community!

Remind all of us what small and big things make a difference in someone's life. Inspire us!


2 comments:

  1. OK...you will think I'm crazy, but I play this little game with gratitude. If I catch myself complaining about something, I make a gratitude chain. Last night I did not want to do dishes. Sooo

    I am grateful for dirty dishes, because that means I live in a place where food is available and made the dishes dirty. That means we are employed and have enough money to buy food. That implies that I have a nice kitchen in which to prepare my food, which leads me to think of the instant hot running water to wash the dishes. That means I live in a community that has resources of clean safe water. This community listened to the mini-masses and doesn't treat its water with fluoride or other dangerous chemicals, which means I live in a place where people can still make a difference. My community is safe, because people cared enough to make a difference and eliminate the gangs that thought they'd move in among the hay seeds. People are kind and good here. The university library, grocer, fabric store, sporting goods store, music store, copy center, health food store, dentist, church, and most every place I need to go is within walking distance. Exercise, when there is no ice, is an easy thing to achieve if I walk to do errands.

    I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...