Monday, March 12, 2012

MONDAY MEDITATIONS FOR HEALING: Praise & Blame; A Commitment to Self for Caregivers

Good morning!!
Here is your Monday Meditation to inspire you to self-healing this week!

"Go placidly amidst praise and blame"
~Motto of Komyo Reiki Kai

In life there are so many opportunities that ruffle our feathers. When we care for others it can be particularly hard to remain calm. We feel pride with praise and sadness with blame. This kaleidoscope of emotions can capture our spirits to the point we no longer feel things independent of what other people "make" us feel.

Just for today I'm going to center myself and remind myself that it doesn't matter what other people want me to feel. This week I will stay calm in the face of others' emotions--whether they are positive or negative ones.

I will choose to take pride in my accomplishments and accept blame for my shortcomings not because I react to others but rather because I can feel those emotions within my own heart.

In reaching for balance with my emotions I will find my own unique equilibrium.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...