Monday, January 2, 2012

MONDAY MEDITATIONS FOR HEALING: A Commitment to Self for Caregivers & The Time is Now

Good Morning!  
Here is today's meditation to inspire your spirit to self-healing this week!  
Have a WONDERFUL week!


Today's Quote 

"Never imagine that there will be time later to accomplish something, because that later time will turn out to have been yesterday."


~Valerie Jenkins, age seventy-four
from "30 Lessons for Living: Tried & True Advice from the Wisest Americans" by Dr. Karl Pillemer

A Commitment to Self for Caregivers 
(whether you are a healthcare provider or a family member caring for a loved one): 

Caring for others makes it easy to shelve our dreams in favor of someone else's comfort.  Sacrificing everything for others sounds good on paper but in real life it builds resentments and can poison even the sweetest hearts to bitterness.   

This week I will remember that even though I spend my days and nights caring for others I still need to keep my OWN dreams alive. 


With that in mind, I will pause for a moment today and write down a dream I have packed away as I've cared for others.  


Then I will make a list of small things I can do everyday to keep moving towards that dream, no matter what.  


I commit to do this for myself because I know that there may not be enough tomorrows to make my dream come true if I don't start today.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...