Sunday, December 2, 2012

ITS A BOY!!! Our baby is born! :-)

Dear Readers,

My husband (the Happy Nurse) and I are excited to announce the birth of our adorable baby boy!!  We'll be calling him "the Happy Baby" on the blog :-)  Tall like his Mom & Dad--21 inches and 9lbs 8oz at birth!  He's a redhead like his Daddy and super cute.  We feel so lucky to have him!

It was an amazing birth and I'm really grateful because I was able to do it naturally (drug-free).  With the help of my outstanding husband, I used Hypnobirthing techniques, had an incredible doula and a collaborative OB.  It helped that I was in pretty good shape physically I think, but more importantly I was really emotionally and spiritually ready to give birth.  I still can't believe that I was able to do it--he was much bigger than expected!!!  I'll share pieces of my birth story at some point along the line--maybe I'll even do a blog post on it depending on peoples' interest. :-)  

I am so grateful.  I know that my HP & my 12 step eating recovery program made it possible for all of this to happen and I'm very very aware of how it never would have happened when I was 100lbs overweight five years ago.  Life in recovery has been such a gift and our beautiful baby boy is the best present I've received in recovery after meeting my husband.  My cup runneth over!!!

I'm looking forward to spending some more time blogging while on maternity leave.  I'd like to share my experiences coping with the changing body shapes in pregnancy and now post-pregnancy, my struggles to maintain my plant-strong diet and what I'm doing foodwise/healthwise/recoverywise now!  It has just been too hard to manage the pregnancy, work and blog.  But I'll be home on maternity leave for a short while and I need to start writing the blog again.  It is an important part of my recovery and I know its a helpful service so I'll look forward to building it back up to where it was with all of your help!! (maybe with not quite so many posts--sleep is paramount of course with a newborn!)

I hope that this post finds all of you well & I'll look forward to hearing more from you as we go along!  Monday Meditations will be back next week and we'll be starting "Thankful Thursdays" again on the Facebook page so I hope you will participate!

Much love,
:-) Dr. Cat


Coming Up THIS MONTH on The Happy Rehab Doc:
  • My Pregnancy Recs:  Hypnobirthing, Books & Resources 
  • My Plant-Strong Path
  • Vegan Apps!  Yay iPhones!
  • Exercise:  How to Fit it In if You Aren't a Gym Person
  • Body Image:  Why Do We Beat Ourselves Up?!  My Journey
and of course,
  • What the Happy Nurse & I Are Eating! :-)

The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.  Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Happy Rehab Doc expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site.  By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!

    Looking forward to reading more blog posts should you find the time.
    I love your blog!

    Greetings from Silvia in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joy! Congratulations on your beautiful, healty boy!! So glad you shared this. Look forward to reading more. And think it's wonderful you were able to have a natural birth. I don't think there's anything in this world that can compare to the wonder of giving birth. Much love to your new family of THREE! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious. Welcome Happy Baby. Wishing you and your mom and dad much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Did you choose a name yet? Also, are you going to be feeding him any good organic foods?
    love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...