Monday, September 17, 2012

MONDAY MEDITATIONS FOR HEALING: Staying Present & A Commitment to Self for Caregivers

Its a bit late, but Happy Monday!
Here is today's meditation to inspire your spirit to self-healing this week! Have a WONDERFUL week!


Today's Quote 

"With meditation we train in settling down with whatever we're feeling, including the addictive urge to avoid discomfort at any cost. 

 We train in just staying present, open and awake, no matter what's going on."

~Pema Chodron

A Commitment to Self for Caregivers 
(whether you are a healthcare provider or a family member caring for a loved one): 

This week I will take a few moments each day to train myself to be still--physically, emotionally, spiritually.

I will remember that dysfunctional eating or any other addictive behavior does not really help me avoid feeling pain or discomfort.  

When I feel pain or discomfort, I will choose instead to use my daily moments of training to take a minute to still myself & stay present in the feeling.

Feeling fully is part of being alive and this week I will choose to embrace life! 

When I center myself and stay present in the moment, I am a better caregiver and a better human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...